Wednesday, August 5, 2009




I am including this picture, not because I took it - just in case there was a question - but because it reminded me of an experience I had sometime with my great niece Hailey.


I was holding her and she was looking at my face and she was asking me about my mustache and wrinkles and for a brief moment it made me realize how old I was.


That is until a second later I realized how much age difference there was between us and what a wonderful feeling it was to be as old as I was and holding this wonderfully dear child that unquestionably loved me. Her questions were in innocence and meant no judgement and I felt young again.


I sure love all my nieces and nephews because I share such special moments with each of them.

2 comments:

stephanie said...

Reminds me of a time that I was taking a bath with my granddaughter. She was about two, I was about a lot older. She says, "Grandma? Are those your boobs?" I told her yes. She scrunched up that cute little face and said "they fall down!" I put her face under water.

Tiffany said...

No, Hailey probably thinks you're pretty old. I'll ask her.