Monday, August 3, 2009

Yesterday a friend and I went to "The Great Wall", an Asian shopping mall, an old Home Base conversion, and enjoyed Dim Sun. It has been years since I had Dim Sun and I remember now why. Every cart that was rolled into my sight had a sign that said "pick me"! It is a good thing my friend is Asian because with her help I was able to be more selective rather than attempt every morsel and have her roll me out of there.
She ordered one dish before I realized, she speaks Chinese, it was TRIPE!!! I HATE TRIPE!!! It is one of the most horrifying dishes I remember. My Dad used to spend Sundays cooking up a big pot of Menuda and all of us kids except my youngest sister who has been diagnosed as DEMENTED, hated it. However, my Dad being from the old school unwaveringly insisted we would eat Menudo until THE POT WAS EMPTY!
This most likely was thebeginning of my theatrical career because I could convince God I loved that C*** as I choked down each tiny morsel. For those of you my firends who do not know what tripe is, it is cow's gut.
Back to the present, here is this bowl sitting in front of me, my friend licking her lips as she begins spooning it on her plate, and I reminiscing about Sunday in our house.
Okay so what does a man do I mean he is with his best friend and they are sharing a wonderful time - I PLUNGE! I dish some on my plate trepidly bring it to my lips and I LIKE IT. I am so crushed, so disappointed in myself another part of my past cast to the wind. I even brought the left overs home.

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

One word...gross.

Mia said...

I am so glad you are back to blogging!!! And menudo/tripe, ick.

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you!! Can I buy you some Menudo at the Blue Agave?